Powell People Solving Tough Problems
Welcome to Powell Canada, we are the top player in Electrical Manufacturing, Industrial E&I construction and maintenance, and Valve services. A career with us will challenge you to solve some very Tough Problems, but in doing so you will be rewarded with growth and development. In exchange for your hard work, Powell makes sure you are taken care of with a comprehensive salary package, RRSP matching, and above average benefits.
We are currently seeking Journeyman and Apprentice Electricians to join us for a long term project for the Norealis Site just north of Fort McMurray. This position will be camp based.
· Perform industrial electrical services in accordance with standard practices and the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC Part 1) which involve the construction and maintenance of electrical distribution and utility systems
· Perform services including but not limited to the installation of electrical equipment and components, cable tray, conduits, cable and wire, heat trace, grounding and bonding, terminations and testing.
· Diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems, circuits, equipment and components to make good their repair and restoration.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards and defects for their adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
· Test electrical systems, circuits, equipment and components using a variety of tools and equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, continuity meters, voltmeters, insulation test equipment etc.