· Serves as the senior technical advisor to all project superintendents and assists with problem solving.
· Responsible for the development and implementation of best practice construction means & methods for all construction projects.
· Authorizes & approves all electrical operation personnel transactions (hiring, employee transfers, wages, etc. in consultation with appropriate division and department managers.
· Ensures all company, operational, and technical policies, procedures, standards, etc., are adhered too.
· Promotes Powell Canada’s Quality Management System, ISO 9001:2008.
· Supports and assists with the implementation of safety programs. Assists in the development of internal supervision training programs.
· Assists with hiring, managing, training and developing employees; managing the performance of employees including conducting annual performance reviews.
· Ensures that all jobs are completed according to plan, are within budget and meet deadlines.
· Delivers timely and accurate reports, financials, schedules and budgets on a regular basis.
· Coaching, evaluating and training staff and field workers in the performance of electrical construction services.
· Managing tool, and equipment utilization on projects, equipment storage and maintenance.
· Representing the company, interfacing and building relationships with owners, customers, architects, general contractors and subcontractors.
· Ensures that the electrical division operates safely and efficiently at all times.
· Communicates company goals to management and employees.
· Ensures that employees, foreman, and superintendents are both results oriented and operating as a team.
· Demonstrates role model behaviors in relation to ethics and integrity as well as positively promotes the company culture regarding safety, quality and customer service.
· Licensed Journeyman Electrician with extensive background in industrial electrical construction.
· 10-15 years supervisory experience in electrical construction and/or project management.
· Thorough knowledge on electrical construction technology, equipment, policies, procedures and industry standards.
· Advanced understanding of construction and labor scheduling, cost control methods.
· Able to supervise large groups of employees.
· Excellent communication, organizational, supervision and planning skills.
· Ability to successfully complete a panel 6 drug and alcohol test as the position is deemed safety sensitive
Who we are
Powell Canada’s Head Office, located in Edmonton, AB is a subsidiary of Powell Industries of Houston, TX. With over 60 years of experience and 3500 global employees, Powell Canada is one of the most reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting companies in Western Canada. Powell Canada holds a strong industry presence with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Nisku, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Hardisty, Lloydminster, and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.