· Perform industrial electrical services in accordance with standard practices and the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC Part 1) which involve the construction and maintenance of electrical distribution and utility systems
· Perform services including but not limited to the installation of electrical equipment and components, cable tray, conduits, cable and wire, heat trace, grounding and bonding, terminations and testing.
· Diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems, circuits, equipment and components to make good their repair and restoration.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards and defects for their adjustment or repair and to ensure compliance with codes.
· Test electrical systems, circuits, equipment and components using a variety of tools and equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, continuity meters, voltmeters, insulation test equipment etc.
· Hold a valid Journeyman Ticket or Red Seal certification or be a registered Electrical Apprentice with the Albert Apprenticeship board and hold a valid blue book
· Knowledge of materials, methods, applicable electrical codes, and the tools involved in the construction and/or E&I maintenance in an industrial setting
· Be physically capable of lifting, carrying and moving up to 50lbs on a regular basis and able to provide a negative pre-employment drug and alcohol test
· Have valid WHMIS, H2S Alive, CSTS, Fall Protection and First Aid certification
Who We are
Powell Canada’s Head Office, located in Edmonton, AB is a subsidiary of Powell Industries of Houston, TX. With over 60 years of experience and 3500 global employees, Powell Canada is one of the most reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting companies in Western Canada. Powell Canada holds a strong industry presence with offices located in Vancouver, Calgary, Nisku, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Hardisty, Lloydminster, and Saskatoon
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety.
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.