- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of Administrative experience preferably with working knowledge of projects, sales orders, billing, and collections processes using Oracle and P6
- Ability to review complex contracts and purchase orders
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications with exceptional knowledge of spreadsheet applications
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skill required
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and able to handle a high workload while having strong attention to detail
- Accommodating, personable and comfortable with a variety of different clients and customers
- Discreet with respect to confidential information
- Able to solve minor problems and address concerns while having little to no supervision
- Able to effectively communicate with both managers and colleagues on a regular basis
- Job requires working indoors in an office setting
- Working in front of a computer for the majority of the shift.
- Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs
- Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner
- Standing, walking and speaking for long periods of time and typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm
- Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force of up to 20lbs
Who we are
Powell Canada’s Head Office, located in Edmonton, AB is a subsidiary of Powell Industries of Houston, TX. With over 60 years of experience and 3500 global employees, Powell Canada is one of the most reputable electrical manufacturing, valve servicing and electrical/instrumentation contracting companies in Western Canada. Powell Canada holds a strong industry presence with offices located in Edmonton, Acheson, Vancouver, Calgary, Nisku, Redwater, Fort McMurray, Hardisty, Lloydminster, and Saskatoon.
Powell strives to create one unified company through training, communication and leadership. We offer diversified services based on our customer’s needs, keeping us on the cutting edge of new products and services within our industry.
Your Partner in Safety
Successful candidates must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for any employer, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Powell Canada, Inc is an equal opportunity employer