Based out of Edmonton Head Office and reporting to the E&I and Construction Service Manager, this position will be responsible for the startup and commissioning located on various sites. Specific responsibilities will be providing construction services, direct work on pipelines and facilities during operation, openings, and start-ups.
• Accountable for start-ups and commissioning of high voltage switchgear for various projects and sites, as well as provide training on maintenance for the client.
• Demonstrate knowledge in the design and manufacture of high voltage switchgear and breakers 5KV and up
• Writing accurate and complete test reports, project summaries and has the ability to explain
• Learn and understand Powell Canada’s Safety and Quality programs in order to train and guide employees
• Ensure that current department documentation is in being utilized (QR’s) for quality control
• Direct the execution of safe and high quality services for Powell Canada clients
• Answer and assist site clients by providing them with accurate and safe information while being an accountable representative of Powell Canada
• Previous experience in an Industrial setting
• 3-5 years Field Service experience with startups is an asset.
• Post-Secondary education or certification as an Electrician or in Instrumentation. Other safety certification may be required
• Valid Driver’s License with a clear Abstract
• Excellent communication skills, precise attention to detail, and ability to work with minimal supervision
• Thorough knowledge on ANSI/API devices, ANSI IEEE C37 design, and industry standards.
• Job requires working in varying weather elements, depending on job locations, time of year, heat, cold, rain, snow.
• Must be able to utilize construction site sanitary facilities (Porta-Johns).
• Must be able to work from all type of ladders (step ladders, "A" frame ladders and all size extension ladders).
• Must wear personnel protective equipment at all times (i.e., hard hats, safety glasses, safety harnesses as required) and respirators when required.
• This position may require travel and/or overnight travel.
• Maintaining body equilibrium and agility to prevent falling when walking, standing, crouching, ascending or descending stairs
• Bending the body at the waist, the legs at the knees, and extending arms and hands in any direction in a repetitive manner.
• Standing, walking, and speaking for long periods of time.
• Using upper extremities to apply or exert a force up to 20 lbs.
• Typing, punching or applying pressure to an object with fingers and palm.
• Perceiving size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with the fingertips.